If you have a completely damaged tooth, dental care professionals will usually recommend root canal treatment. These procedures may help safeguard your teeth from extraction in the future. However, most people are terrified of root canal treatments because of the pain they cause. But, because of ongoing developments in dentistry, these procedures are now absolutely painless. In this blog, our dentists at Airdrie Springs Dental have covered all you need to know about root canal therapy.
What Is A Root Canal?
First and foremost, we must have a thorough understanding of root canals. A root canal procedure is an endodontic treatment that removes the damaged pulp from your teeth. To keep the illness from spreading, your Airdrie dentist will thoroughly clean and disinfect the damaged area. Root canal therapy can stop tooth deterioration and provide quick relief. It takes around an hour to complete and only requires a single visit to the dentist.
Signs That Show You Need A Root Canal Procedure
In the early phases of the condition, you may not notice any symptoms. However, you will see some of the following signs as the illness progresses and worsens.
- You are suffering from severe toothache and discomfort
- Your gums are swollen and inflamed to the point of being terribly painful.
- A scorching sensation in your mouth that never goes away
Benefits Of Root Canal Treatments
Root canal treatments have a lot of oral health benefits and can assist to improve the long-term health of your dental condition. A few of the advantages have been described below by your dentist in Airdrie.
- The root canal procedure is painless. It has been possible to decrease all types of pain and give you a relaxing treatment due to dental sedation
- Stops the disease from spreading further and protects you from other oral health issues.
- Stops extractions by preserving your original teeth.
- Improves your dental health and ensures that you have a healthy mouth.
- Offers the best results while considering your oral health condition
- You won’t require follow-up sessions with your Airdrie dentist any further
- This treatment is not only inexpensive, but it can also improve the overall quality of your life
Duration Of Your Root Canal Procedure
A root canal usually takes thirty to sixty minutes to complete. It can take up to 90 minutes to handle a complicated scenario. These routine procedures are quick and only necessitate two visits to your dentist in Airdrie.
Cost Of Root Canal Procedures
The cost of a root canal is usually affected by the type of tooth that needs to be treated. The cost of these procedures varies even for a single-rooted tooth. The procedure for a multi-rooted tooth might also cost differently depending on several factors. Are you looking for an exact cost? Get in touch with the best dentist in Airdrie for root canal procedures.
We hope this information helps you to make better decisions when it comes to your dental health. Book an appointment with us at Airdrie Springs Dental for the best root canals in Airdrie, AB.