There’s a lot of pressure on teens and young adults to look perfect. This is especially true for those who struggle with insecurity, but the right orthodontics might be quite helpful. This article compares Invisalign and traditional braces and then looks at the advantages of each depending on your specific needs. It can be hard to decide which solution is best for you, but this article will tell you everything you need to know about both treatments.
Difference between Invisalign vs. Braces
If you’re considering getting Invisalign or braces, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here’s a quick rundown of the main difference between Invisalign and traditional braces:
Invisalign: Invisalign is a type of clear, removable dental braces that use a series of custom-made aligners to correct your teeth’s alignment. Invisalign is generally less intrusive and can be worn for shorter periods of time.
After the first set is placed, you will go back for checkups every few months to make sure your results are staying consistent. There are no metal wires involved, so there is less potential for damage to your teeth and no need for painful removal after treatment. If everything goes well, you could have straight teeth and a great smile that lasts for years!
Traditional braces: Traditional braces are a type of orthodontic treatment that involves using metal bands and brackets to correct teeth alignment. The braces are worn for a set time, typically around two years. They’re more popular among people who have crooked teeth or need to fix several teeth at once. There are many different types of braces available as well, so it’s important to find the right one for you. Metal braces are often quite uncomfortable, but they can help correct the alignment of your teeth and improve their appearance.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Invisalign
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign requires minimal adjustments and no metal brackets or wires. In addition to the benefits of being invisible and an overall faster option, there are other great reasons to consider using Invisalign braces in Airdrie:
- Safe For Children: Invisalign aligners are safe for children as young as 8 years old. Unlike metal braces, they do not require any special preparation, demand little instruction from your Orthodontist, and will not cause any damage to your child’s teeth.
- Better Adjustment Option: Unlike traditional braces, which have to be adjusted and tightened by the dentist while still attached to your teeth, Invisalign invisible aligners are custom-made for each step of the process. So, when you receive each aligner, it is already the right shape for your teeth.
- Less time: Invisalign takes about half the time of metal braces to recover from and is less likely to cause pain or discomfort.
- Improved smile: Studies have shown that nearly 80% of patients who undergo Invisalign treatment see an improved smile over those who use traditional braces. With fewer wires and brackets, your overall look will be transformed from the outset!
There are many benefits to having Invisalign treatment, but as with anything else, there are also drawbacks.
- Ineffective If You Have Other Orthodontic Issues: If you have another orthodontic issue, such as teeth that are crooked or crowded, Invisalign may not work well enough to correct them.
- Require More Regular Treatment Than Braces: Invisalign is gradually adjusted over time as your bite and chewing habits change. If you stop wearing them for any reason, such as losing teeth, the adjustment process has to start all over again. This means that if you need an adjustment but can’t get to a dentist in time, Invisalign will not work as effectively.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Braces
Have you ever considered getting metal braces? Let’s explore the benefits of metal braces and how they can benefit your oral health.
- Effective in speeding up tooth development: If you’re still debating whether or not metal braces are right for you, one of the major benefits is that they are very effective in speeding up tooth development. Once they are in place, they provide fixed support for your teeth and help to move them into the correct positions.
- Relatively easy to take care of: Most patients only need to brush their teeth twice per day and floss once per day, and some patients may only need to use fluoride tablets or water-soluble orthodontic mouth rinses. If you have questions about how to take care of your braces or if you experience any problems, make sure to see your orthodontist or dental specialist.
There are several potential drawbacks to wearing metal braces, including:
- They can be uncomfortable and cause clicking or other discomforts.
- They require regular visits to the dentist for adjustments and cleaning.
- They can cause permanent teeth shifting and displacement if not properly fitted.
- They may not provide the desired results, as teeth may move over time even without regular maintenance.
- They can be difficult and expensive to maintain.
Invisalign aligners vs Braces: Which is better?
The choice between Invisalign and braces largely depends on your unique teeth. If you have crooked teeth or pronounced features around your mouth, metal braces may be a better option, or need more moderate changes that last for several years, Invisalign may be a better choice.
If you are considering braces but are worried about the expense, consider Invisalign. Unlike traditional braces, which require months of wearing painful metal brackets and wires, Invisalign only requires you to wear the aligners and often for a shorter period. This means that you can start seeing results much sooner, which makes the decision to go with Invisalign more appealing. And since there are no metal brackets or wires involved, Invisalign is also less invasive than traditional braces. So if you’re concerned about pain and discomfort or if you just want to see better results quickly, give Invisalign a try!
Schedule an appointment with an Invisalign orthodontist in Airdrie today!
Whether you’re considering Invisalign or braces in general, it’s important to schedule an appointment with an orthodontist. Orthodontists can help determine if Invisalign is the best dental treatment in Airdrie for your individual needs. They’ll also help you customize your treatment plan and make sure you get the most out of the process.
So which treatment is right for you? It all depends on your individual needs and dental history. If you are experiencing tooth problems, call us today or visit Airdrie Springs Dental, if You are Looking to book an appointment for Dental Implant In Airdrie or Emergency Dental Care in Airdrie. We can help find the best solution for you! Schedule an appointment online today or call our Invisalign dentist in Airdrie on (403) 948-3575 for all your teeth straightening requirements.
If you are considering Invisalign or braces, it is important to understand the pros and cons of both before making a decision, as each has its benefits and drawbacks. When it comes to dental treatments, there are a lot of choices available to you. Ultimately, the best treatment for you will depend on your circumstances and needs. Book an appointment with our team to discuss your choices right away.