Getting Invisalign braces can be a life-changing experience. Invisalign is a series of clear, removable aligners that help mold your smile into the perfect position by realigning your teeth. The aligners can be worn for anywhere from 12 to 18 months, often with minimal discomfort overall (mostly around the teeth that are being treated). Most people find that Invisalign is an effective way to improve their smile. If you’re thinking about Invisalign but aren’t sure if it’s right for you, read on to learn more about this popular dental treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner that is used to improve teeth alignment. It is a type of plastic dental brace that is worn in place of traditional metal braces. The clear aligner is custom-made for each individual and then fitted over the teeth. It is designed to move your teeth into their ideal positions and it can help to correct common problems like misalignment, overcrowding, and crookedness.
What Orthodontic Issues Can Invisalign Treat?
If you are looking for an invisible orthodontic solution, Invisalign may be a great option for you. Invisalign works by gradually and discreetly moving teeth into their correct positions. It has many different benefits, including the ability to correct orthodontic issues that are difficult or impossible to adjust with traditional braces.
Here are some of the ways Invisalign can help: Airdrie Invisalign Braces
- Minor Crowding and Overjet: Invisalign can help correct minor crowding and overjet, which can cause your teeth to line up poorly and look crooked.
- Crowded Teeth: Invisalign can also reduce the severity of crowded teeth, which can cause teeth to push further away from each other and look even more pronounced.
- Curved Teeth: Invisalign can help straighten curved teeth, which can improve their appearance and their ability to withstand wear and tear.
- Severe Overcrowding: In severe cases of overcrowding, Invisalign may be the only treatment option available. By moving your teeth into their correct positions, Invisalign can reduce the severity of an overbite and make it easier for you to achieve a healthy smile.
- Bad bite alignment: For your teeth to fit together properly, they need to line up well vertically and horizontally. If your bite is off, Invisalign can correctly position your teeth so they all fit together perfectly.
- Overly long or short teeth: If one or more of your teeth are particularly long or short, Invisalign can realign them so that they look similar in length and width to the others.
How Does Invisalign Work?
If you’re thinking about getting Invisalign braces, you need to understand how it works first. The braces are made of flexible plastic and are designed to fit each patient’s teeth.
Invisalign is a great solution for people who want long-term dental care but don’t have the money or the time for traditional braces. The braces are discrete which means they can be worn at any time, which is one of their key advantages. This flexibility allows patients to wear the braces comfortably and effectively, without feeling self-conscious or restrained.
The series of braces are also designed to change with your teeth as they change position, so the braces are always in the right shape. This provides an accurate and gradual correction of your smile, instead of a sudden change that may be more jarring and disruptive.
To maintain your new, improved smile, you will typically need to visit the dentist every six months for adjustments and cleanings. If you experience any problems with your Invisalign treatment, such as recurrent grinding or popping, visit our website immediately. With regular care, Invisalign can give you the beautiful and healthy smile that you’ve always wanted.
Effectiveness of Invisalign treatment
The effectiveness of Invisalign had been widely debated among dentists and patients alike. However, most users report significant improvements in their dental health. Invisalign is a treatment that uses clear, custom-made aligners to help correct teeth alignment and spacing. The treatment may be relatively new, but it has gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
There are some people that believe that Invisalign isn’t as effective as other treatments available. However, many more believe that Invisalign is an effective treatment for tooth alignment and spacing issues with numerous positive testimonials and happy patients.
Invisalign: Pros & Cons
Invisalign is an excellent option for teeth straightening and restoration. It is a comfortable and safe alternative to traditional metal braces, allowing patients to eat and smile confidently. Invisalign is custom-made specifically for each patient and eliminates the need for the adjustments that come with metal braces.
There are many benefits of Invisalign, including:
- Effective in moving teeth to their correct positions: People who use Invisalign often have less need for other dental treatments, like tooth extraction or replacement.
- Invisalign is affordable: Many people find that it is cheaper than traditional dental treatments.
- Easy to wear: Most people find that they can wear them every day without problems.
- Can be removed easily: Invisalign braces can be easily removed by the patient when necessary whereas metal braces are securely fastened until removed by a dentist or orthodontist.
- Reversible: If at any time you decide that you no longer want to use Invisalign, you can switch to traditional braces and have essentially the same results regardless of which system you commit to.
- Improved bite alignment: Invisalign is designed to move teeth into better positions so that they form a more even bite.
- Improved smile: As teeth move into better positions, the overall appearance of your smile will improve.
- Reduced stress: Wearing Invisalign can help reduce stress in daily life compared to other options. This is due in part to the fact that using these braces results in reduced anxiety about painful dental visits.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider:
- Frequent visits to the dentist: Invisalign requires regular visits to the dentist to receive the next set of braces. This is typical of any orthodontic treatment
- Not effective in correcting all teeth alignment issues: Invisalign is more successful on simple tooth alignment issues than on more complex problems. If your teeth are misaligned in more than one direction or have significant vertical or horizontal gaps, Invisalign may not be the best solution for you.
- Chewing difficulty: Some patients may experience some difficulty chewing while wearing Invisalign, as the clear aligner wraps around the entire bite line.
Schedule an Appointment With Airdrie Springs Dental for Invisalign Treatment
Your day-to-day life isn’t letting you have your “perfect” smile, is it? You can resolve that in no time at Airdrie Springs Dental. Our experienced team of dentists can show you how Invisalign works and provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision.
To start the treatment, we take X-rays of your teeth and set up a visit from one of our dental technicians. Our technicians will design the first set of aligners for you based on the X-rays taken. Typically, you will get a total of around 20-24 sets of aligners. Each aligner is worn for at least twenty hours per day, and you’ll swap in a new set of aligners about every two weeks. This means that most patients can be treated in under a year.
We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about the treatment.
If you’re considering getting invisible braces, there are a few things you should know before making your decision. Invisalign is one of the most popular treatments for teeth reshaping and smile restoration, using a series of clear aligners that gradually correct the alignment of your teeth over time.
If you want to explore this treatment further, visit our website’s blogs on how Invisalign works so that you can be as informed as possible about what to expect. Once you have decided to try out Invisalign, our team will be able to help coordinate the treatment plan for you. So, if you’re unhappy with your smile but aren’t sure how to take the first step, consider Invisalign—you may be surprised by what is possible!
Schedule an appointment online today or call our Invisalign dentist Airdrie on (403) 948-3575 for all your teeth straightening treatment in Airdrie, AB.