Tired of your deformed teeth? Veneers are here to save the day! Dental veneers are fast gaining in popularity when it comes to cosmetic concerns. These are essentially thin covers that can improve your overall look and get rid of all the flaws that bother you. Our dentists at Airdrie Springs Dental have always been committed to educating their clients. All your veneers-related queries have been addressed in this blog.
What Are Veneers?
Most people are confused about what are veneers. These are fine coverings that are exactly the color of your teeth. Your Airdrie dentist will place them on the outer surface of your teeth which will immediately enhance their appearance. Veneers are usually made of porcelain and are a permanent solution to all your cosmetic problems. They can tackle a wide range of issues and your requirement will depend on your oral health condition
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Now that we know what are veneers, let us find out how long they last. The lifespan of your veneers usually depends on the type of material and several other factors. For instance, your oral health condition and the appearance you are hoping to achieve play a big role in the lifespan of this device. Your porcelain veneers will last you for at least five to ten years. Just follow a good oral care routine and you are good to go! If you still have doubts about the exact lifespan then consult your dentist in Airdrie.
Factors Affecting The Lifespan Of Veneers
Let us focus on the factors that could affect these appliances to have a better understanding of the duration of their workability.
- Your oral health condition before the veneers are placed plays a huge role in their lifespan.
- If you munch on hard and crunchy food items after the installation of these veneers, then they are going to wear out faster than usual.
- A good oral care routine coupled with regular dental checkups and cleanings can prolong the life of your veneers.
- Porcelain veneers last longer than their other counterparts.
- If you use your teeth to open hard objects, then your veneers are going to break apart faster.
- Teeth grinding or bruxism can affect the functioning of your veneers and they might give up on you faster than usual.
Are Veneers Worth It?
- Dental veneers are very convenient and can easily repair your chipped teeth. You should consult your Airdrie dentist if you are suffering from a similar issue.
- They mimic your original teeth and look very natural.
- The procedure of placement is very easy and minimally invasive.
- These are permanent solutions and are very durable.
- Very convenient and easy to maintain.
- An economical option when compared to other alternatives.
We hope this blog has helped you to gain a clearer understanding. Looking for the best porcelain veneers in Airdrie, AB? Get in touch with our dental experts at Airdrie Springs Dental and enjoy premium dental care.