Are you worried about crooked or crowded teeth? Are you wondering what would be the best method is to fix them?
You’ve heard there are at least two choices; Invisalign or traditional braces. You might first wonder, what even is Invisalign? They are also called “clear aligners”. Invisalign was invented in 1997 by two Harvard students; Zia Christi
- The dentist takes a 3D image of your mouth and shows you using software what your smile will look like after the treatment
- Multiple aligners are made to take your teeth from where they are to where you want them to be over the course of the treatment, a little change at a time
- Invisalign are transparent and therefore most people won’t notice you’re wearing them
- They can be removed easily
- Easier to continue regular dental hygiene, brush and floss as normal (meaning do it daily)
- Custom trimmed to gum line for a more comfortable fit
- Often take less time than traditional braces
- Effective method to straighten teeth
- Made from high-grade stainless steel
- Tends to be more affordable than Invisalign
- Dentists usually recommend traditional braces for those who have overcrowded teeth
- Better choice for people who can’t or won’t remember to wear their Invisalign 22 hours a day.
Invisalign is an innovative class of braces but it is not a perfect tool. Though it is a high-tech tool for fixing your smile it still has its drawbacks. For example: it turns yellow when you casually smoke or drink soda, it is often more expensive than traditional braces, and you must remember to put them in and remove them while eating.
Traditional braces are the “go to” for many dentists especially for teenagers and children. Same as Invisalign, traditional braces are not perfect either. There are issues with eating; especially crunchy and sticky foods, wires tend to loosen, it usually takes 1 – 3 years depending on the patient’s case. These are just some examples of the cons of having traditional braces.
Whichever method you choose, don’t hesitate to gain the confidence and healthier life that a beautiful, straight smile can bring. We would love to help you achieve this.